Game Day Internship
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the operations department on game day operations.
- Ensure proper back of house and field level set-up is in accordance with League standards which includes, but limited to:
- Install and removal of match equipment (goals, team benches, corner flags, VAR, etc.).
- Set-up and tear down of service level operational space: team & referee locker rooms, match operations room, youth programs space, video operations room, etc.
- Work with ball managers, stats runners and communicate with the press box.
- Provide referees with any assistance as needed before, during, or after the game.
- Ensure compliance with the game timing sheet and game day information.
- Give notice to the home team and visiting team to ensure they take their positions on time for pre-game ceremonies/introductions and for the second half.
- Assist with match credential distribution.
- Support grounds staff with pre-game, halftime, and post-game field conditions management.
- Help with the movement and storage of the department’s equipment.
- Aid in servicing the needs of the visiting teams on game day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and interest in sports.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Strong worth ethic with a positive, team-oriented approach.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and eligible for college credit.
- Available 20-25 hours per week, including nights, weekends and game day and often under extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.