First Team Trainer
Rochester New York FC [RNY FC] is a professional soccer team serving Rochester, New York. The club is dedicated to building a world-class football club that represents the diversity of Rochester and is committed to delivering an unrivalled experience for fans.
RNY FC is currently seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of First Team Trainer.
The successful candidate will lead the medical support services for First Team players and deliver a first- class provision that focuses on injury prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
- To provide physiotherapy services to all players.
- To promote and protect the health and well-being of all players.
- To monitor and assess all players for their fitness and injury status to train or play.
- To assess, diagnose, treat and rehabilitate all injuries and illnesses, analysing and designing the safest and quickest strategy to ensure a full return to training.
- To be responsible for pitch-side assessment and treatment of players during training and matches.
- To provide injury rehabilitation training of players, in conjunction with the Head of Sport Performance, in preparation for return to play
- To communicate injury status, rehabilitation strategies and return to training projections to the Head Coach
- To arrange and undertake pre-registration medical screenings and muscular-skeletal examinations, in conjunction with the Club Doctor.
- To maintain accurate and updated medical records of all First Team players.
- To conduct an audit of injuries and provide Board-level reports.
- To ensure the Club and players are compliant with all medical and anti-doping guidelines, rules and regulations of the governing bodies.
- To ensure all medical supplies and equipment are fully stocked, replenished and secured as required.
- To liaise with other football club medical staff of loan players to ensure they are informed whilst on loan.
- To manage the medical budget for all diagnoses and treatments, as agreed with the Board.
- To undertake appropriate professional development to keep abreast of industry best practice, especially in highlighted areas of weakness.
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties and is not exhaustive.
The successful candidate will either possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or have the ability to explain and demonstrate how they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of experience, skills and abilities.
- Degree level qualification in physiotherapy with Masters level qualification in a relevant field dealing with complex data / statistical modelling preferred
- Certified Athletic Trainer (National Athletic Trainers Association).
- Current CPR certification.
- Possess personal professional liability insurance.
- Soft tissue therapy qualification preferred
In addition, the successful candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate the following key experience:
- At least three years’ experience in the provision of medical services to elite athletes, which includes work with high performance teams or squads
- Working experience in the support and preparation of developing elite athletes, with specific expertise in injury diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation
- Experience in the provision of pitch-side medical assessment and treatment, including emergency sports trauma
- Experience in the design and delivery of injury rehabilitation programs for elite soccer players
- Comprehensive knowledge of football and medical governing body regulations, including anti-doping regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to use a variety of communication tools (verbal, written, digital).
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Computer literate using MS Office and Apple Software.
- Research and development experience in injury prevention and rehabilitation is preferred.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate the following key traits and characteristics:
- Confidentiality towards sensitive information.
- Shows initiative, has confidence in own ability with a positive attitude towards undertaking any aspect of the job role.
- Displays no prejudice when working with others.
- Self-motivated, with expectation of self and others.
- Meticulous standards.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
- A commitment to the aims, vision, and values of RNYFC.
- Good judgement and knowing when to seek advice or support.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and resilience.
- An organised and efficient approach to work.
- Flexible, helpful, and responsive
- Access to transport for work purposes