Director of Communications
Rochester New York FC [RNY FC] is a professional soccer team serving Rochester, New York. The club is dedicated to building a world-class football club that represents the diversity of Rochester and is committed to delivering an unrivalled experience for fans. Rochester New York Football club is an inaugural member of Major League Soccer Next Pro and will begin play in the spring of 2022 on the campus of Monroe Community College.
RNY FC is currently seeking a highly talented candidate to fill the position of DIRECTOR OF COMUNICATIONS.
As the Director of Communications, you will be responsible with sharing our RNYFC brand with the world.
You will work daily to connect our club with new and existing fan bases. At the same time, you will work collaboratively with our Director of Corporate Partnerships and Director of Ticket Sales to design campaigns for sales and fulfillment. A final, essential part of your position will be the collection and analysis of data to make analytics-based decisions for current and future campaigns.
People with natural creative flair, an outgoing personality, and a great sense of soccer culture will thrive in this role.
- Develop and implement a consistent and unified brand strategy and architecture - including branding campaigns, events, digital marketing, public relations, etc.
- planning, development, and implementation of all marketing, communications, digital and partnership activation strategies
- Collaborate and activate revenue-focused ticketing campaigns for single game, groups, and full season members on multiple platforms
- Lead the voice of social media for organic and paid posts
- Manage website engagement, layout, and optimization with a focus on mobile use
- Collect, analyze, and interpret campaign performance data to make data-driven decisions for current & future digital campaigns
- Actively seek out industry best practices, especially through the implementation of new technologies, to drive business forward
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred
- 1-2 year(s) of work experience in related field and/or training
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Strong knowledge of digital platform analytics
- Strengths in time management and multi-tasking with the ability to work within strict deadlines and quick turnarounds
- Must be fully vaccinated
- Graphic design skills a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
RNY FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
RNY FC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. RNY FC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.